#Dads Against Danskammer
Social Media Swarm
Use Father’s Day as an opportunity to draw attention to the Danskammer plant fight, and to pressure the number of dads involved who have power over the plant.
Dads have two options:
- Take a picture with your kids (if you don’t share photos of your kids on the internet you can crop out their faces or put emojis over them) and a hand-written sign that says Stop Danskammer and post it on social media using the hashtags #DadsAgainstDanskammer & #FathersDay & link to stoptheplant.org ! You can also share why you’re opposed to Danskammer.
- Send us a photo of you and a quote about why, as a dad, you’re against Danskammer: firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll make you into a meme that we’ll share on our stoptheplant.org page & social media on Fathers’ Day!
Sample Tweets/Facebook Posts
- I’m proud to be part of #DadsAgainstDanskammer! This new fracked gas plant would add air pollution to the Hudson Valley & worsen the climate crisis. @NYGovCuomo needs to stop this plant! Stoptheplant.org
- More gas plants? Doesn’t the state have a mandate to ditch fossil fuels? Time for @NYGovCuomo to stop Danskammer & protect NY families. #DadsAgainstDanskammer #StopDanskammer stoptheplant.org
- I oppose the plan to build a big new fracked gas power plant in Newburgh because I want my children to grow up with clean air & a healthy climate. New York set aggressive climate goals, so why is the state still considering new methane gas plants? Please join me in fighting back against the Danskammer Power Plant: stoptheplant.org. #DadsAgainstDanskammer